About the Blog

20 something Canadian blogger with a love of the little things in life.


Connect with Me

Image Map


Categories

Image Map


Archives



Credit

Theme design by Ella Street.

About

My name is Mikayla! I'm a 22 year old University Graduate with a passion for all things beauty. I stumbled into the online beauty community a year ago and have been obsessed with youtube videos and blogs ever since. After watching hundreds of videos over the past year I figured it was about time I joined the community and posted my own thoughts in my own little space. I'm also recently graduated, unemployed and headed for college in September.

I really enjoy all things beauty, and I really like telling my friends what I think about products so writing them down just felt natural. To me, make up isn't something that you wear to make yourself look prettier, it's something you do on yourself for yourself. It has the power to give you strength to tackle a rough day, the courage to find your inner confidence and sparkle like every girl is meant too.

Other than beauty, I love fashion. Beauty and Fashion are the keys to my heart, along with a great deal. I'm all about a decent deal, and budget shopping is my favourite.

I can't wait to start this journey with the internet and all of you!

Disclaimer

Just a general disclaimer:

I am not a professional makeup artist, I am completely self taught, any posts on beauty products are purely personal opinion and should not be taken as fact.

Beauty items shown on this blog are purchased by myself, or as a gift from family members.

Any and all reviews on products are based on my opinions alone.

Lip Product Addict Tag!

Tuesday 20 May 2014

Bonus Post! I know I just finished tag week a couple of weeks ago, but a new one is circulating the beauty world, and I wanted to do it! It's only 8 questions and was created by Estee and Amelia (on youtube). You can find Estee's blog Here.

1. Favourite Balm/ Treatment?
I'm currently absolutely 100% in love with Maybelline Baby Lips Dr. Rescue ($4.99 CAN). I have their tinted balm/treatment in Soothing Sorbert. I picked this one for in the winter, or for when I was at work, I wasn't sacrificing colour for treatment. It is medicated which I love, and it really works. So many times in the past winter would my lips be on the verge of cracking and using this even 3 times a day (the recommended usage) and by the end of the day they were almost as good as new.

2. Best Eye Catching Red?
For pigmentation and eye catching quality I love Rimmel London Apocalips in Stellar ($5.47 USD). It is a pigmented red, that is in a lip gloss/lip stick formula, the benefits of a gloss with the coverage of a lipstick. I adore the true redness of this colour, and totally rock it when I'm feeling brave enough, I also think the packaging is super cute, so it even looks adorable in my drawer (where I sit and stare at it wishing I was braver and wore it more!)

3. Best luxury and best drugstore?
I'm not really about "all the luxurious things" life to be honest. I was a student and worked 2 jobs in my final year, and became quite frugal with my money, and I continuously look for good deals. That being said, I don't often buy myself luxurious items if I can find cheaper alternatives.. that doesn't mean when I get them as gifts I don't love the heck out of them.
Luxurious: Lancome "Love It"($24.00 CAN) A very natural shade my grandmother got me for christmas- I may have been overly excited and tried to open the wrong end.. that's why it looks like this. (mental note: when receiving nice things.. open properly)

Drug Store: NYX "Peach"($6.00 CAN) I'm not entirely sure who came up with the name for this, because it isn't really peachy, however when I saw it in the store it magically forced it's way into my basket.. I swear. In all reality, I'm using this as a more dramatic "my lips but better" colour.

4. Best MAC lipstick?
I own two, yes only two MAC lipsticks. My favourite and the one I will repurchase until the end of time, is the Viva Glam V($22.00 CAN). For two reasons, the colour and smell are amazing. The colour is that true "my lips but better" colour. I also absolutely adore the red detailing, I think it looks SO sleek, and I LOVE that the proceeds are donated to AIDS research and treatment. I have currently lost my actual one, so I'm incredibly sorry for the stock photo. I will repurchase when I am near a MAC counter.

5. The most disappointing?
This one is a Colour Lip Balm, from NYX in "Shukran"($4.00 CAN). Seeing as how it is labelled as a colour lip balm, I was expecting some colour, and what you really get is not a lot of colour. The pigmentation is really poor, it hardly shows up, I use it to use it.

6. Liner yes or no?
I do not use liner on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. It seems like a lot of work, and I understand the lasting power of it, I just don't get around to it.

7. Best gloss?
I'm not entirely sure if this classifies as a gloss, but I'm counting it as one. Maybelline Colour Elixir in "Signature Scarlet"($8.99 USD). Again, benefits of a gloss and a stick, but not as pigmented. It has a killer pigment, don't get me wrong.. It's just a lighter shade. I wear this all the time, and really love it. I even recommended it to my cousin for her wedding!

8. Something Extra!
Revlon Lip Butter in "Wild Watermelon"($4.47 USD). I love the lip butters, I am all for them, and this colour is no exception. During the summer and spring I completely see myself reaching for this at least a couple of times a week. I can't describe it, but the colour is amazing.

Labels: , , ,


At 23 May 2014 at 09:22 , Anonymous Diana P. said...

Great picks! I like the Lancome one, I always choose the dusty rose shades for some reason! I have the Revlon lip butter in Juicy Papaya, a very natural colour for everyday! :D

http://cups-and-roses.blogspot.gr/

 
At 23 May 2014 at 11:30 , Anonymous Mikayla Sheard said...

I love dusty rose colours, Juicy Papaya is next on my list if it is still available!

 

blog comments powered by Disqus



◄ OLDER ENTRIES | RECENT ENTRIES ►